Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sunday, August 15, 2004, New York, NY

* Classes are on...!
Okay, it looks like the wet stuff has passed. Rain may develop later but we’re going to fly until then! We saw very little rain yesterday until later in the evening. The first few classes of the day were energizing & fun! I got to fly with Jen E. & Margaux again; we seem to almost never be in classes together. There was a new flyer, Nikki, who took to flying as easily as a bird due to her background in gymnastics & diving. She & Gina caught their splits with Ronnie R. Amy G. was nailing her Pull Over much to her own surprise & delight! Dena took her last class of the season with us before she heads back to school. Also, we’d like to wish her a happy birthday!! Great flying, Dena! And, after taking a class with us in the morning, Renee made & hosted an exquisite dinner for some of us. Thanks, Renee! I love how trapeze may be not only an occupation & exercise but also a source of community & friendships. “I could have gone on flying through space forever.” (Major Yuri Gagarin, first man in space) – Dino *

OK, now that sounds more like me. Happy birthday, Dena!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Dino,

I enjoyed reading your blog. I'm an actor/playwright working on a play about flying trapeze. Would it be cool if I were to ask you a few questions about trapeze. I'm in my research phase right now. Thanks! My email address is suman.sridhar@gmail.com. ps: i went to rutgers too!