Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday, August 14, 2004, New York, NY

* Let's fly...!
Happy August 14th! There’s supposed to be some rains later today, but we’ll see. Remember, we’ll update our site as the weather unfolds. Life is too short to worry about the weather or other things we can’t foresee or control. As students, many of you have come a long way toward controlling & honing something you once thought was wild & daunting: your flight. You needn’t look further than Jen E. who is very tough on herself or Nina & Renee who met my challenges to them with excitement & dedication, or Anush & Fred who work so hard & never give up until they conquer a position. As a school, we’ve all come a long way this season despite the challenges thrown in our way. We’ve opened Baltimore & are looking forward to other locations. There will always be things we can’t foresee or control. But, we’ve proven there are things we can surmount & manage no matter what. And, best of all, we get to do this outside, in the sun & together. It’s funny where you take life. “It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right. I hope you had the time of your life...” (Green Day) Let’s fly. – Dino *

I had to slightly change & paraphrase the quote above. It was so hokey & flaky that I had to gag. I'm not even sure I wrote it! It was sounding like some fake hack who insincerely preaches Zen & community. On the bright side, Jason F., Skye M. & Illa S. are visiting in my new town! It's great seeing, hanging out & catching up w/them. In some senses, it feels so long since I've seen them. But, once we get talking, it's like no time has passed. I look forward to the rest of the weekend w/them...!

No comments: